Acting Chancellor Robert Grey outlined his five priorities for 2007-08 before a standing-room-only crowd at the fall campus forum on Nov. 8 in Humanities 1500.
- Enrollment planning to carry the campus through 2021. One emphasis will be to increase the proportion of graduate students to about 25 percent of total enrollment. Currently, it is about 12 percent.
- Complete planning of the medical school. A fund-raising campaign has produced $27 million to date, and the curriculum is ready for consideration by the Academic Senate. The business plan is expected to be completed in February.
- Increasing scholarships and the number of endowed chairs.
- Addressing issues raised in the staff climate survey.
- Laying the foundation for an arts-and-culture initiative with the city of Riverside to enrich the cultural life of the university and the community. An inventory of university and community resources is beginning. “We’re now at a size to support a more robust program,” Grey said.